Thinking about an eco-friendly wedding? Or reducing your carbon footprint?
Going paperless is a great way to do this – all the paper you would have sent will be emailed instead. You’re not just saving paper either, you’ll also be helping to reduce emissions from delivery, especially if you’re sending wedding invitations overseas.
Top Tips for Green Weddings
- Encourage your guests to give each other lifts to your wedding, or provide a bus.
- If people are travelling from overseas ask them to carbon offset their flights.
- Choose locally supplied food, flowers and jewellery.
- Choose seasonal flowers and food.
- Don’t use flowers at all and go for alternative button bouquets.
- Go to a sustainable wedding venue.
- Try and have the ceremony and wedding in one location, saving carbon emissions on travel.
- Hire rather than buy or go pre-loved. This could also save you money.
- Choose eco-friendly bridal makeup.
- Go for ethical diamonds for your engagement and wedding rings.
- Instead of asking for gifts, request a donation to an environmental charity.
- Have your honeymoon in the UK – it is beautiful after all!
On top of this, we at Paperless try make sure we’re as green as possible:
- Our servers are energy efficient.
- We don’t travel to meetings as we do it by email, phone or Skype.
- Paperless HQ has no air con.
- We don’t drive to work.
- We recycle everything we can.
- We operate without paper as much as possible.
Do you want a green wedding?
CHOOSE FROM OUR SELECTION OF AMAZING WEDDING TEMPLATES
BROWSE THROUGH OUR SELECTION OF FAVOURITE WEDDING THEME TEMPLATES AND START YOUR 3 WEEK FREE TRIAL
LATEST FROM INSTAGRAM
Error: There is no connected account for the user 1421438091 Feed will not update.